This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChewyCookies
As a new mom, I find myself reaching for the cookie jar every afternoon during naptime. Having a cookie with iced coffee is a sweet treat that keeps me ready for the rest of the afternoon.
I’m not fussy when it comes to cookies, but I do love a chewy cookie that’s still soft in the middle. I was excited to find that the secret to the chewiest cookie is something I already had in my pantry: Karo® Corn Syrup.
I’ve been using Karo® Corn Syrup for my Special K Bars for years (my husband Longe is a huge fan of them). I also use it in my Grandma’s Rum Balls, which are a holiday tradition in our family. Grandma always used Karo® Corn Syrup, so that’s what I use, too. It turns out that the addition of ½ cup of Karo® Corn Syrup to this cookie recipe makes an irresistibly chewy cookie that’s still soft in the middle. It’s cookie perfection. Karo® Corn Syrup can be used for so much more than just Thanksgiving pecan pie. Simply add it to your cookie recipe for the best, chewiest cookies.
While I love a classic chocolate chip cookie, I’m a fan of white chocolate too. For this recipe, I used white chocolate chips, and I wanted to add a hint of fresh flavor. Since citrus season is fast approaching, I added the zest of one orange to the cookie batter. It complements the white chocolate beautifully.
Another variation on this recipe is to use dark chocolate chips and orange zest. That’s a classic combination (I love those chocolate oranges that appear around Christmas time!) that would be equally as delicious.
Now back to those chewy cookies!
How to Make Chewy Cookies
The secret to chewy cookies is high moisture content. So we’re using Karo® Corn Syrup for this recipe, in addition to butter and brown sugar. The combination of the three makes for a perfectly chewy cookie.
I use a cookie scoop to get perfectly portioned cookies every time. And it keeps my hands clean—no rolling cookie dough into balls!
Cookies are my go-to when I get the urge to bake, and I keep the ingredients on hand. I always have brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips in my pantry, and I’m eager to make this recipe again and again because I keep Karo® Corn Syrup in my pantry, too. You can find even more recipes using Karo® Corn Syrup on their website.
With an iced coffee (or warm coffee, now that the weather is cooler), these Chewy White Chocolate Orange Cookies are perfect for an afternoon treat!
Chewy White Chocolate Orange Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on high until creamy, about 3–4 minutes. Beat in the corn syrup, egg, and vanilla just until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low, carefully add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and orange zest.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 9–11 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool.