This post has been sponsored by the makers of the LA VICTORIA® brand . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When I head to a potluck, there is one appetizer that will always be there: chips and salsa. And it’s for a good reason! Everyone loves chips and salsa, and it’s an easy dish for anyone (cooking prowess or not) to bring.
Today, I’m sharing my spin on chips and salsa: a Fiesta-Inspired Snack Platter. It’s just as easy as chips and salsa, but it looks like you spent a lot of time on it. The reality is, you just assembled a few quality ingredients on a wooden board!
Here’s how I made it:
Start with a large wooden board or platter. Fill three bowls with LA VICTORIA® Salsa Thick’n Chunky Medium, LA VICTORIA® Salsa Thick’n Chunky Verde Medium, and guacamole. Note, you can also get LA VICTORIA® in Salsa Organic Chunky Mild if that’s more your speed!
I always choose LA VICTORIA® salsas because it’s made with real, simple ingredients and has delicious, fresh flavor. The salsas are made from tomatoes picked at the peak of ripeness, so these salsas are like summer in a jar! It’s a must-have pantry staple in my house this season.
You can click here to find recipes and more from the makers of the LA VICTORIA® brand—they have tons of great ideas on their site.
Next comes the cheese. I used a mixture of Colby Jack and Pepper Jack cheeses, which I cut into cubes. Cheese is a fun and unexpected way to complement the chips and salsa, and who doesn’t love cheese?!
Place the cheese in several piles around the board. Using two piles of each cheese creates visual interest instead of just heaping it all in one pile.
Next, add the tortilla chips. A few different shapes and colors of chips also adds visual interest to the platter. Blue corn chips are my favorite—the flavor has a little nuttiness to it that I love.
Finally, garnish with lime slices for color. Guests can squeeze these over their guacamole if they like a little more lime!
A note on the guacamole: I went the homemade route, though you could easily use store-bought. LA VICTORIA® Salsa Thick’n Chunky Verde is a great way to jazz up homemade guacamole. There’s no need to add tomatoes or onions because the salsa already has both of those ingredients!
I started with two avocados and added ½ teaspoon sea salt, the juice of 1 lime, and ¼ cup of LA VICTORIA® Salsa Thick’n Chunky Verde. Stir it up and the guacamole is done with NO chopping!
This Fiesta-Inspired Snack Platter is such a fun spin on the usual chips and salsa. It takes minutes to assemble yet looks so much more impressive than a bowl of chips with a bowl of salsa next to it. I’d love to see your version of this snack platter—post it on Instagram and tag me (@GiftofHospitality) so I can admire it!
Fiesta-Inspired Snack Platter
Jazz up chips and salsa with this Fiesta-Inspired Snack Platter. It looks impressive yet it’s so easy to make!
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 8–10 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Assembly
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 (16 oz) jar LA VICTORIA® Salsa Thick’n Chunky Medium
- 1 (16 oz) jar LA VICTORIA® Salsa Thick’n Chunky Verde Medium, divided
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (8 oz) block colby jack cheese
- 1 (8 oz) block pepper jack cheese
- 1 bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 bag yellow corn tortilla chips
- For garnish: lime slices
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, sea salt, and ¼ cup of LA VICTORIA® salsa verde. Pour into a small bowl or ramekin, and place on a large wooden board or platter.
- Pour the LA VICTORIA® salsa and salsa verde into small bowls or ramekins, and place on the board. Keep any remaining salsa nearby for refills throughout the party!
- Cut the cheese into cubes. Place in several piles around the board.
- Fill in the remaining space with blue corn and yellow corn tortilla chips. Alternate colors, grouping them around the board as space permits.
- Garnish with lime slices. Serve immediately.
Keywords: snack platter, cheese platter, chips and salsa