Impress your guests with Quick and Easy Crab Dip! The dip comes together in just 5 minutes, and it’s a true crowd pleaser.
I have to admit, I don’t think I had tried crab dip until last year. I was at a party catered by a local restaurant (Roanoke for my Chicago readers) and they served a delicious crab dip on crackers with julienned radishes.
I can’t believe I made it this long without crab dip! I love the texture of the chunks of crab meat and crunchy chives paired with the cream cheese base.
The dip starts with combining cream cheese, heavy cream, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, and sea salt with a hand mixer. Then you fold in the crab meat and chives. That’s it! It’s super simple to make.
Since the recipe was so quick, I spent a little more time on the garnish. Radishes were the perfect choice to add some crunch and give the dip a pop of color. I julienned 3–4 radishes and that was more than enough for the entire recipe.
I debated over which crackers to pair with the crab dip, so I did some taste testing. Water crackers were ok, butter crackers were good, but saltine crackers were the best! I think there’s something about the light saltiness of a saltine that took the dip over the top.
Quick and Easy Crab Dip would be perfect for a spring or summer get-together, a baby shower or bridal shower, or an appetizer to enjoy while dinner cooks.
Quick and Easy Crab Dip
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 2 cups crab dip 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Southern
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Hot sauce to taste
- To serve: crackers, julienned radishes, chopped chives
- Place the softened cream cheese, heavy cream, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, and sea salt in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until combined.
- Fold in the crab meat and chopped chives.
- To serve, dollop a spoonful of crab dip on top of a cracker, then top with chives and julienned radishes. Serve immediately.
The crab dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before serving.
Keywords: crab dip, appetizer, quick and easy