Puff Pastry Bites with Goat Cheese and Jam are an easy appetizer made with just three ingredients! Your guests will adore these bite-size treats.
When I’m in need of a quick appetizer, two options come to mind: dips and puff pastry. Dips, like my Easy Crab Dip, are always a hit. People love dip all year round and it’s often easy to assemble and serve.
Puff pastry is also easy to bake and serve, plus it adds an element of “wow”. The end result often looks like it came from a bakery!
These Puff Pastry Bites with Goat Cheese and Jam are no exception. They have just three ingredients, take about 10 minutes to assemble, and under 20 minutes to bake.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Defrosted puff pastry. This takes a little bit of advance planning—either defrost in the refrigerator overnight or leave frozen pastry on the counter for 40 minutes to defrost)
2. Jam of your choice. I used a mixture of apricot and strawberry. Raspberry or peach would be delicious, too.
3. Crumbled goat cheese. You can buy a log and crumble it yourself, or buy the already crumbled variety. Blue cheese would be delicious here, too!
The recipe starts by cutting the puff pastry into 2×2 inch squares. I find that a pizza wheel (I love this gigantic one from OXO) is the quickest and easiest way to do this. A knife works, too!
Then you place the squares in a mini muffin tin.
And top with jam and goat cheese.
The end result are the sweetest little 1–2 bite appetizers that fly off the buffet table!
These Puff Pastry Bites with Goat Cheese and Jam would be perfect for a bridal shower or baby shower, an appetizer to enjoy at a dinner party, or a snack for an outdoor picnic or gathering.
They are best enjoyed the day that they are made for maximum crispiness from the puff pastry.
Puff Pastry Bites with Goat Cheese and Jam
Easy to make and just three ingredients, these Puff Pastry Bites will be the hit of your next party!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 18
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 24 bite-size cups 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 piece (½ box) puff pastry, defrosted (I used Trader Joe’s)
- ¼ cup apricot or strawberry jam (or a mixture of the two)
- 1 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly flour a countertop or another flat surface. Unroll the defrosted puff pastry on top. Pat the puff pastry gently at the seams to get rid of the creases.
- Cut the puff pastry into 2×2 inch pieces (I use a pizza cutter for this). Place one square in the cup of a miniature muffin pan and push gently in the middle to form a loose cup. Repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Fill each cup with ½ teaspoon of jam followed by 1 teaspoon of crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 14–18 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Let cool for 1 minute in the pan and then remove promptly. If you let them sit any longer, some of the jam that has oozed out will harden and cause them to stick to the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: puff pastry cups, puff pastry bites, goat cheese
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for reading GiftofHospitality.com and helping me to provide quality content.