This easy cream cheese dip is the perfect way to jazz up a platter of fruit! It has just 4 ingredients and it’s delicious with a variety of fruit.
I love a big platter of fresh fruit, and this easy Fruit Dip is the perfect addition to a selection of berries, pineapple, apples, grapes, and more.
It’s made with just four ingredients: cream cheese, marshmallow cream, nutmeg, and orange zest. And it’s light and fluffy—perfect for dipping!
The Fruit Dip, along with fresh fruit, is a great addition to a cookout or potluck, or even just a delicious snack for yourself. And I can confirm that kids and adults of all ages absolutely love it.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links support Gift of Hospitality at no additional cost to you. I receive a commission if you choose to make a purchase through these links.
- I used full fat cream cheese for this recipe. You could also use low-fat cream cheese.
- Marshmallow cream makes the dip super light and fluffy!
- Discerning eyes will notice that it’s a clementine in the photo above. I’ve made this recipe with both orange zest and clementine zest, and both are delicious.
- Nutmeg adds just a little warm, nutty flavor to the dip.
How to make fruit dip
Start by softening the cream cheese. You can do this by leaving it at room temperature for 1–2 hours. Here are some tips for softening cream cheese in a hurry if you forget to get it out!
When the cream cheese is soft, place it in a large bowl with the marshmallow cream, orange zest, and nutmeg.
Beat on high with a hand mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Transfer the fruit dip to a serving bowl, and surround it with fresh fruit.
I used a mixture of sliced apples, raspberries, strawberries, mango, grapes, clementines, blueberries, and pineapple. My favorite fruit to dip was the strawberries!
Place toothpicks on the side for easy serving.
Yes! You can easily substitute 8 oz of low-fat cream cheese for the full-fat cream cheese.
If you don’t have an orange for zesting, add the zest of one lemon instead.
If you don’t have nutmeg, just leave it out.
To make a dairy-free fruit dip, use a non-dairy cream cheese in place of the regular cream cheese. Follow the recipe as directed otherwise.
The ingredients for Fruit Dip don’t contain gluten, so it’s already gluten-free. But as always, check the labels of any store-bought ingredients just to be sure.
Here are a few quick tips for serving!
- Place a raspberry or a strawberry (sliced with the slices fanned out) on top of the fruit dip for a little bit of color.
- Place a container of toothpicks on or near the platter for guests to easily serve themselves.
- The dip isn’t overly sweet, so choose fruit that is on the sweeter side. For example, use in-season grapes, a sweet apple, ripe pineapple, etc.
Have you tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and/or comment below!
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- Zest of one orange
- 1 dash of nutmeg
- Fresh fruit: strawberries, grapes, blueberries, bananas, pineapple, raspberries, clementines, apples, mango, etc.
- Place the marshmallow cream, softened cream cheese, orange zest, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Beat on medium with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 1–2 minutes.
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish and surround it with fresh fruit for dipping. Include toothpicks to pick up the fruit, if desired.