This recipe for Strawberry Crunch creates a crispy, crunchy, strawberry-flavored topping for ice cream, pies, cakes, and more!
Ever had a Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake bar? I LOVE those old fashioned treats. And this is a copycat recipe of the topping!
Homemade Strawberry Crunch, also known as Strawberry Shortcake Crumble is a mixture of Golden Oreos, strawberry Jell-O, and butter.
It creates a truly irresistible topping that you can sprinkle over ice cream, dip homemade popsicles in, or sprinkle over Strawberry Crunch Cake.
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links support Gift of Hospitality at no additional cost to you. I receive a commission if you choose to make a purchase through these links.
You just need three ingredients for this recipe:
- Golden Oreos (24 of them)
- One box of strawberry Jell-O
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
How to make Strawberry Crunch
Start by placing 24 Golden Oreos in a food processor. If you don’t have one, you can put them in a large resealable bag, and pound them with a rolling pin or meat mallet until they’re broken into very small crumbs.
They don’t all have to be uniform.
Then, place the crumbs in a large bowl, and add the strawberry Jell-O powder (do NOT add water) and the butter. Stir until combined.
Transfer the mixture to a sheet pan fitted with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Spread into a thin layer.
Bake for 8 minutes at 350°F. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
That’s it! You’ve just made the crunchy part from a strawberry shortcake bar!
How long does strawberry crunch last?
Keep the crunch topping in a covered container at room temperature. It’ll last about a week.
Uses for strawberry crunch
The uses for this crunchy strawberry topping are endless! Here are some ideas to get started:
- On top of ice cream
- Sprinkled on top of Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Stirred into yogurt
- Sprinkled onto pie (like french silk, or another whipped cream based pie)
- On top of buttered toast
- Roll the edges of an ice cream sandwich in it
Check out this Strawberry Crunch Cake while you’re here! You can also make your own cake, frost it, and then sprinkle this topping on top (a chocolate + chocolate frosting + strawberry crunch would be SO good!).
Have you tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and/or comment below!
Strawberry Crunch Recipe
- 24 Golden Oreos
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (3 oz) box strawberry Jell-O
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crush the Golden Oreos into very small crumbles. You can use either a food processor, or place the Oreos in a plastic bag and pound them with a meat mallet or rolling pin. They do not all have to be the same size.
- Place the crumbled Oreos in a medium bowl, and add strawberry Jell-O powder and melted butter. Mix gently to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a greased baking sheet (or top the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat first). Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.