Grilled Peaches with Honey Whipped Cream is a quick and easy summer dessert. No need to heat up the oven—the peaches are prepared on the grill and topped with an irresistible honey whipped cream and chopped pistachios. Prepare a platter of them, set it on the table for dessert, and watch your guests’ eyes light up!
Summer fruit season is upon us and I couldn’t be more excited. Peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries, watermelon, and fresh berries—it’s the best time of year for fruit.
It’s also the best time of year for cool and creamy desserts (hello, Mississippi Mud Ice Cream Pie), but sometimes I want something a little lighter.
Grilled Peaches with Honey Whipped Cream is the perfect balance of healthy (peaches) and decadent (whipped cream). The presentation is beautiful, and it would make a lovely end-of-meal finale to a dinner party. And it’s so quick to make—a win-win.
The grilled peaches are also delicious on a weekend afternoon on the back porch with bare feet—speaking from experience here! And as a nod to these Southern-grown peaches, a little sweet tea with these would be LOVELY.
I started with peaches that are just barely ripe. If they are overripe, the peaches will fall apart on the grill. I quartered the peaches and brushed them with canola oil to prevent them from sticking to the grill.
They go cut-side down on the grill for 2–3 minutes.
And then the peaches get flipped (also cut side down, but on the other side of the quartered peach) for another 2–3 minutes. Check them often so the sugars in the peaches don’t burn too quickly!
While the peaches are grilling, make the honey whipped cream. I used a stand mixer (shout-out to my grandma’s 1970s KitchenAid in butter yellow, which still works perfectly!). You could also use a hand mixer or whisk by hand if you’d like an arm workout.
I whipped the cream until soft peaks formed, and then gently whipped in the honey and vanilla extract just until combined.
Then you just need to assemble everything on a plate. I garnished the Grilled Peaches with Honey Whipped Cream with fresh mint from my container garden. If you want to try your hand at growing herbs, mint is the one to test out first. It’s nearly impossible to kill and grows like crazy.
Alternatively, you could set out the ingredients and let your guests top their own grilled peaches with the honey whipped cream. Pecans would be delicious on top, too! While we are talking alternatives, this recipes would be really good with nectarines or apricots as well.
And while we’re talking peaches, this Peach Pie with Roasted Sugar is another summer favorite at our house.
Hope you enjoy this no-fuss summer dessert!
Grilled Peaches with Honey Whipped Cream
This quick and easy summer dessert is just 6 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- 4 just-ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup salted peeled pistachios, chopped
- For garnish: fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cut the peaches into quarters and discard the pits. Brush the cut side of the peaches with canola oil.
- Place the peaches on the preheated grill on one of its flat sides that has just been cut (cut side down. Close the lid and grill for 2–3 minutes, or until grill marks appear.
- Flip the peaches to the other flat side (also cut side down) and grill for 1–2 more minutes, or until grill marks appear and the peaches have softened just slightly.
- Place the heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on high until soft peaks form. Add the honey and vanilla extract, and beat just until combined.
- Place the grilled peaches on a serving platter. Top each peach quarter with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
Nectarines or apricots would be delicious instead of peaches!
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 12 grams
- Sodium: 5 grams
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 14 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: grilling, grilled peaches