Burrata Appetizers with Peaches and Pistachios are perfect for summer happy hour. Just toast the bread, assemble, and serve! The combination of flavors and textures is irresistible.
Creamy burrata. Fresh, juicy peaches. Crunchy pistachios. Crisp arugula. These easy Burrata Appetizers are a texture lover’s dream come true.
The idea for these came from The Ocean Room on Kiawah Island in South Carolina. A version of them was once on the menu, and I enjoyed them so much that I had to make them again.
They’re the perfect appetizer for summer. The only “cooking” that they require is toasting the bread. The rest of the recipe is just assembly. And they are guaranteed to make your guests say, “wow!”.
What does burrata taste like?
Burrata has a rich, buttery taste. It’s very similar in taste to fresh mozzarella, but creamier. In fact, when you slice open the burrata, the cream-like center oozes out. That makes it perfect for spreading onto slices of baguette.
How is burrata different from mozzarella?
Burrata and mozzarella are made in a similar way, and in fact, burrata starts out as mozzarella. The difference is that burrata gets placed in hot, salted water, and a mixture of mozzarella shreds and cream are poured into the center, and then the outer shell is formed around it.
Burrata appetizer ingredients
- A whole grain baguette is the base of this recipe. I like how the seeds add some extra “crunch” to it. You could also use a regular baguette.
- Use ripe but not totally soft fresh peaches, so they hold their shape.
- Burrata can be found near the mozzarella cheese in the specialty cheese section of your local grocery store. If you can’t find it, use fresh mozzarella instead.
- Fresh arugula adds a pop of color and a bit of crunch.
- I used salted pistachios. If yours are unsalted, sprinkle some salt on top of the finished appetizers.
First, toast the baguette slices. Then, toss the arugula with lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt.
Then, layer on the following ingredients in order:
1. Arugula mixture
3. Peach slice
4. Chopped pistachios
5. Drizzle of honey
These appetizers are such a great way to enjoy peak-season peaches. The slightly salty burrata complements the peaches so nicely, and the salted pistachios add an irresistible crunch.
They are definitely one of those “looks fancier than it is” appetizers!
Frequently Asked Questions
Fresh mozzarella can be substituted for burrata. It’s not as creamy in the center, but the taste is similar.
Nectarines or plums can be used instead.
These appetizers should be served within an hour or two after assembling.
What to do with extra burrata
Have some extra burrata? Lucky you! Here are a few ideas for serving burrata:
– In a caprese salad (in place of the mozzarella)
– Smeared on crackers with a glass of wine on the side
– On top of this Grilled Corn Salad
More peach recipes for summer
Can’t get enough of peach season? Me neither!
Bisquick Peach Cobbler is a simple way to bake using baking mix.
Peach Pie with Roasted Sugar is a great way to celebrate peach season.
These or Grilled Peaches with Honey Whipped Cream are a favorite dessert at our house.
Have you tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and/or comment below!
Peach and Burrata Toasts
- 1 small baguette (I used a whole grain baguette with seeds)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 8 oz ball burrata cheese
- 2 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped salted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice baguette into ½ inch slices and place in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake for 8–10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, toss the arugula with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- To assemble, place a few arugula leaves on top of each baguette slice. Use a spoon to scoop up about one tablespoon of the burrata cheese, and place on top of the arugula.
- Top the burrata with a peach slice. Repeat the burrata and peach combination for each of the baguette slices.
- Transfer the peach & burrata toasts to a serving platter. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply