This fast and fresh summer dinner is ready in just 20 minutes! Make the peach salsa, grill the pork chops, and dinner is done.
Grilled Pork Chops with Fresh Peach Salsa is the perfect summer meal. It’s quick to make, and doesn’t require turning on the oven (you’ll cook the pork chops on the grill). And the combination of sweet peach salsa and savory grilled pork chops is so tasty!
- Thin-cut pork chops are the base of this recipe. They cook quickly on the grill.
- The two fresh peaches should be ripe but not overly soft.
- Yellow onion and jalapeño add crunch.
- Fresh basil and lemon juice add bright, citrus flavor to the salsa.
How to peel peaches
Cut a shallow “x” into the bottom of each peach using a sharp knife.
Place peaches into boiling water for 30 seconds. Carefully remove the peaches from the boiling water and place in a bowl of ice water. Let the peaches cool there for 2–3 minutes.
Remove the peaches and place on cutting board. The peels should start to slide off. Use your fingers and/or a knife to remove the peels.
To make the salsa, dice the peaches. Combine the diced peaches with diced onion, diced jalapeño, chopped basil, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
How to grill thin cut pork chops
Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Season pork chops with sea salt and pepper.
Place the pork chops on the grill and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes, or until your desired doneness is reached.
After cooking, top the pork chops with the peach salsa, and serve immediately.
If you’re not into pork chops, you could serve the salsa on top of grilled chicken, salmon, tilapia, mahi mahi, or really any white fish. It would also be good with pork tenderloin.
It would also be really good on top of grilled brie, which I usually serve with fresh cherry salsa. I’m a big fan of fruit salsa!
Grilled Pork Chops with Fresh Peach Salsa
- 4 (4–6 oz) thin-cut bone-in pork chops
- 2 ripe peaches peeled and finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat. Sprinkle the pork chops with kosher salt and black pepper. Grill for 2–3 minutes per side, or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, place the diced peaches, diced onion, diced jalapeño, basil, and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl. Stir gently to combine. Season with kosher salt.
- Place pork chops on a serving platter. Spoon fresh peach salsa over the top and serve.