You just need 5 minutes and 4 ingredients to make this easy Caramel Apple Dip. It’s perfect for dipping all kinds of apples!
Caramel apples are delicious, but it’s difficult to get the perfect consistency of caramel to stick to the apples. It has to be JUST the right temperature or it’ll slide right off. Which is why this Caramel Apple Dip is the perfect alternative!
It takes just 5 minutes to make, and you need 4 ingredients: butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk. You can also add a hefty pinch of salt if you’d like a salty caramel sauce (I recommend this!).
It’s perfect for dipping apple slices, but no need to stop there. Banana slices, pretzels, and pear slices would be delicious, too.
- Butter makes this dip super creamy and decadent
- Brown sugar and corn syrup make it nice and sweet. You can use either dark brown sugar or light brown sugar.
- Sweetened condensed milk adds creaminess—make sure the can says sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk!
- A pinch of salt contrasts the sweetness nicely.
- Apples! Use your favorites. I used a mixture of Granny Smith and Fuji.
How to make homemade caramel apple dip
Place the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan.
Place the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
Pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
Whisk until combined. Stir in the salt now, too.
Serving caramel apple dip
Transfer the dip to a bowl, and surround it with apple slices. You can also add more fruit for dipping like banana slices or pear slices. Pretzels would be delicious, too!
Should I use light brown sugar or dark brown sugar?
Either light or dark brown sugar work for this recipe. Light brown sugar will produce a lighter colored dip, and dark brown sugar will create a darker brown dip. I recommend using whichever one you have on hand.
Which apples pair best with caramel?
Since caramel is sweet, a tart apple contrasts the sweetness nicely. Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Cortland, Braeburn, Empire, McIntosh, and Jonathan all have tart flavor profiles, and would pair nicely with caramel dip. But honestly this dip is delicious with any kind of apple.
Sharing caramel apple dip
This recipe makes several cups of dip, so it’s perfect for sharing! Pour it into a mason jar and tuck it into a basket with some apples, and you have a great hostess gift or surprise for a neighbor.
Caramel Apple Dip
- 1 cup brown sugar (light brown or dark brown is fine)
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- To serve: apple slices
- Place the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan.
- Place the pan over medium heat and let cook until the sugar has dissolved, whisking occasionally.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the sweetened condensed milk and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve with apple slices.