These two-bite RITZ Crackers Party Sandwiches are the perfect addition to your appetizer buffet. Kids love them, too!
Watching a sports game is a great way to gather people around, whether it’s a large group or just your family.
It’s also an opportunity to enjoy some fun snacks and appetizers, like my RITZ® Cracker Sandwiches.
The sandwiches are a riff on Hawaiian Roll Sliders that are made with Hawaiian buns, but I swapped in RITZ Crackers instead.
They’re easy to make, and a fun addition to your appetizer table. They’re best served while warm out of the oven, so consider that when planning your party!
This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate links support Gift of Hospitality at no additional cost to you. I receive a commission if you choose to make a purchase through these link.
- Ritz Crackers are super buttery and are the perfect “bread” for these sandwiches
- Deli ham and sliced swiss will go in between the crackers
- The sandwiches are drizzled with melted butter before baking
- Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, salt, and dried onion flakes add lots of flavor to the butter
- Poppy seeds are a fun addition to the top of the sandwiches
How to make Ritz Cracker Party Sandwiches
Start with two 13×9 inch pans. Place 24 crackers in the bottom of each pan (so you’ll use 48 crackers total on the bottom).
Top the crackers with thin slices of deli ham. You can use honey ham, black forest ham—whichever ham that you prefer.
Then, top the crackers with Swiss cheese. Colby jack, cheddar, or your favorite sliced cheese would work here, too.
Top each sandwich with another Ritz cracker. You’ll use another 48 crackers to top them.
Melt the butter, then stir in the dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, and salt.
Pour the butter mixture over the top of the crackers, then sprinkle with poppy seeds and onion flakes.
Bake the sandwiches for 10–12 minutes, or until golden brown.
The end result is a delicious RITZ cracker sandwich that is irresistible and just the right size for snacking.
Yes! You can easily cut this recipe in half to make 24 mini sandwiches instead of 48 mini sandwiches. You will only need one 13×9 inch pan.
Many deli meats will be delicious in place of the ham. Roast beef, turkey, or even salami would be a great choice. For the cheese, try colby jack, cheddar, american, or even pepper jack for a little spice.
The sandwiches taste best when they are warm, right out of the oven. I recommend baking them right before you plan to serve them. If they sit too long, the crackers may become soggy. Follow the instructions below for what steps you CAN get done ahead of time!
Make it ahead
These mini Ritz sandwiches are best served warm out of the oven. As a result, I don’t recommend making these ahead of time.
However, you can check these steps off the list ahead of time:
- Gather the ingredients
- Cut the cheese and ham into pieces
- Make the butter mixture
Then, when you’re ready to serve, you just need to assemble the sandwiches and bake them.
More easy appetizers
- Guacamole with Rotel is a super easy spin on guacamole
- 20 recipes for Little Smokies (those little cocktail sausages!)
- Chocolate Chip Dip is a sweet appetizer that’s always a party hit
- Grape Jelly Meatballs (just 3 ingredients!)
- Puff Pastry Bites with Goat Cheese and Jam also has just 3 ingredients
Ritz Crackers Party Sandwiches have over 400 5-star reviews! Here’s one: “I made these for a work Christmas brunch and these were a HUGE hit! They seriously are soooo easy to make and soooo delicious.”
Have you tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and/or comment below!
RITZ® Crackers Party Sandwiches
- 96 RITZ® Crackers (about 3 sleeves)
- ½ lb thinly sliced deli ham
- ⅓ lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 24 RITZ® Crackers in the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish, flat side down. Place another 24 RITZ® Crackers in the bottom of another 13×9 inch baking dish. Tear the ham gently with your hands to create tiny strips (they do not need to be perfect) and lay a lightly folded slice on each RITZ® Cracker.
- Cut the cheese into 1 inch pieces and place one piece of cheese on top of the ham. Top each mini sandwich with another RITZ® Cracker, rounded side up.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, about 45 seconds. Gently whisk in the Dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, and salt.
- Pour the butter mixture evenly over the mini sandwiches, dividing the mixture evenly between the two pans. Sprinkle the poppy seeds and the dried onion flakes evenly over the top.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tops of the Ritz Crackers are lightly golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve while warm.