I always reach for the maple doughnut first. And the maple cream filled chocolate. If it’s maple flavored, I’m into it. My minor obsession with maple was the inspiration behind these Maple Sriracha Roasted Nuts. They’re the perfect party snack, or really anytime snack—it’s hard to stop eating them!
On a recent trip to Vermont to visit Longe’s family, his sister gave us a jug of pure Vermont maple syrup. The taste is so pure and delicious, and tastes nothing like the “pancake syrup” that they try to pass off as syrup at the grocery store.
We’ve been using the maple syrup for pancakes and waffles, warmed first in the microwave, because warm syrup > cold syrup. I’ve also drizzled it on roasted sweet potatoes. Be prepared for a little bit of sticker shock, though. A pint of pure maple syrup will be $8+. But the flavor alone makes it worth the higher cost.
I love the combination of sweet and spicy, so I wanted to give these roasted nuts a little bit of a kick. Sriracha happened to be sitting in my fridge right next to the maple syrup, and it pairs perfectly with it! You get the heat from the sriracha first, and then the sweetness from the maple syrup rounds it out.
All these nuts need is a quick 10–12 minutes in the oven, and your home will smell AMAZING.
I brought these nuts to a party and was packaging them up right as Longe walked in the door. He tried one, loved them, and immediately protested the departure of the nuts. I saved him some, though, and they also got accolades from everyone at the get-together.
The recipe is customizable too. I used two tablespoons of sriracha in my recipe, which made them lightly spicy to my palate. If you’re a fan of spicy, add another tablespoon, or decrease it to one tablespoon if spice isn’t your thing.
I used cashews and almonds, but you can substitute any of your favorite nuts. A tin of mixed nuts would be great for this. You could also substitute honey for the maple syrup.
If you’re hunting for a recipe that’s even sweeter, these Cinnamon Roasted Nuts are amazing!
Maple Sriracha Roasted Nuts
- 2 cups unsalted nuts almonds (cashews, pecans, walnuts, or a mix)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Place the nuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, sriracha, and kosher salt. Pour over the nuts. Toss to combine.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 10–12 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Use your hands to break apart any nuts that are stuck together. Transfer to a serving dish and serve.