This post has been sponsored by Cracker Barrel Cheese. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I adore the long days of summer. In the warmer months, late dinners are pretty standard practice at our house due to evening walks and summer fun that stretches into the evening.
I know that I’ll inevitably get hungry before a late dinner, so I’m ready with snacks and appetizers. A summer cheese board is one of my favorite ways to enjoy a snack before dinner. It’s perfect for just the two of us and also when we have friends over. And it’s safe to say that when cheese is involved, it gets devoured pretty quickly!
For a summer cheese board, I know easy is important. No one wants to stand around slicing cheese when there is summer fun to be had! So, I turned to pre-cut cheese cubes from Cracker Barrel—which have a rich and bold flavor.
Cracker Barrel recently launched a variety of cheese snacks in new packaging, including cheese cubes. I picked up a few bags of Cracker Barrel Cheddar Jack and Cracker Barrel Aged Reserve Cheddar cheese cubes from my local Jewel-Osco.
You can find the cheese cubes in the refrigerated section next to the shredded and sliced cheeses. I love that I can walk to Jewel-Osco and get everything that I need for a summer cheese board, plus groceries for making dinner.
Check out more details here and head to your local Jewel-Osco to purchase today!
Here’s how I made the summer cheese board:
Place several piles of Cracker Barrel cheese cubes on a wooden board. Even if it’s the same type of cheese, split it into a couple piles. This adds visual interest to the cheese board.
In addition to the cheese cubes, add a small dish of jam. Fig jam pairs especially well with the Cracker Barrel Aged Reserve Cheddar cubes! Strawberry or raspberry jam would be delicious, too.
Next, add a few rows of sliced salami.
Then add a few piles of crackers. I usually have a variety of crackers on hand, so I just add whatever is in the pantry to the board.
Next, add some summer fruit! Berries and grapes are perfect for cheese boards because they pair so nicely with the cheese.
Finally, fill in the holes with nuts. Almonds are a popular choice, but salted mixed nuts would be a hit, too.
The great thing about this summer cheese board is that it is just assembly—there’s no need to heat anything. Just take the ingredients out of your refrigerator and pantry, assemble them on a platter, and your appetizer is done.
Keep some extra cheese on hand to replenish the board if you are serving a crowd—the cheese is always the first to go!
A cheese board is an obvious choice for a weekend or a get-together, but I think a smaller version of this platter would be a fun addition to a weeknight. Cracker Barrel cheese makes the everyday less everyday, and I’m all about enjoying a treat like this one on a summer weeknight!
Summer Cheese Board
- 1 6 oz bag Cracker Barrel Aged Reserve Cheddar cheese cubes
- 1 6 oz bag Cracker Barrel Cheddar Jack cheese cubes
- ½ cup jam I used fig
- 1 8 oz log of salami, sliced
- Assorted crackers
- Assorted fresh fruit I used strawberries, blackberries, and grapes
- Your choice of nuts I used almonds
- Place a large wooden board on a flat surface. Place the Cracker Barrel cheese cubes in piles around the board.
- Pour the jam into a small bowl and place on the board.
- Arrange the sliced salami in several rows on the board. Place the crackers in piles around the board.
- Fill in the larger gaps with piles of fresh fruit. Then, fill in the smaller gaps with the nuts.
- Serve immediately. Alternatively, carefully place plastic wrap over the board and refrigerate until ready to serve.